JOB DESCRIPTION (POSITION SUMMARY)
Panorama Consulting Group seeks a Manager to lead ERP and digital and business consulting engagements. The Manager will develop strategies as well as plan and execute initiatives to build awareness and drive business growth for Panorama’s consulting services. A successful Manager at Panorama will lead ERP Consulting engagements such as software selections, software implementations, project recoveries, assessments and serve as a trusted adviser to our clients. In addition to having extensive ERP knowledge, we expect our managers to be great business leaders. Our Management Consulting practice includes business process management, change management, mergers & acquisition integration, human capital management and turnaround analysis core services. At Panorama it is not just about the technology but also how we enable people, process, technology and data to transform an organization. Our Manager reports to the Director of Client Services.
He or She works with Senior Consultants and Consultants to develop and recommend objectives to upper management; when necessary, involved in resolving elevated issues. The Manager has responsibility for the overall supervision of assigned projects to assure that the project conforms to the commitments the firm has made to the client, that the work is technically sound and accurate, and that the project is completed within the pre-determined schedule and monetary budget.
This client-facing leader will help guide organizations through a successful vendor agnostic process and will leverage their own knowledge base along with Panorama's methodology. This leader will know how to challenge executives to take the organization to the next level and will work with the executives to develop and execute key strategic objectives.
The Manager leads teams in resolution of critical technical problems, some of complex scope, where time is of the essence. This leadership role requires considerable and cumulative breadth of knowledge and understanding of business management consulting and ERP initiatives to enable that core business strategy. The Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of client satisfaction and successful on-going account management including fostering follow on opportunities and nurturing client relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides both management and technology leadership. Ability to lead ERP Software initiatives and manage ERP large scale software implementations.
- Must have strong proficiency in gathering, writing and analyzing business and software requirements, current state assessments and RFP/RFI creation and analysis.
- Lead discussions/prepare and deliver presentations for all levels of the organization and provide regular updates to senior management on the process management approach, execution status and efficiency savings.
- Work hand in hand with members of our OCM & BPM practices to integrate programs into the software selection and implementation phases.
- Ability to bring industry and functional area best practice.
- Manage extended team resources; effectively manage external vendors and resources.
- Ability to lead business and technology strategic initiatives.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Experience in post-merger integrations to manage people, process and technology.
- Participates in direct customer and sales support as necessary.
- Manage project teams and ability to manage 1-4 projects at a time.
- Develop and manage client relationships and ensure client satisfaction through the entire project lifecycle.
- Documenting all client engagements including the creation of design documents, technical specifications, process documentation, specification, system deployment documents, ERP system integration and interface documents and publish reports as necessary.
- Deliver and articulate effective strategic presentations to audiences of all sizes. Effective collaboration with software and services pre-sales teams will be critical to the success of this role.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Management Skills: The position will be responsible for managing positions on projects, including but not limited to:
- Business Analysts
- Senior Consultants
- Strong presence with Tier I and Tier II ERP solutions through the complete project lifecycle, with demonstrated ability to influence key decision makers, including client executives and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and management skills, which include a hands-on style and leading by example.
- Strong problem-solving skills inclusive of setting priorities and the ability to lead through difficult client situations.
- Extensive experience in influencing cross-functional leaders in a large organization, even when some of whom may have different priorities and goals.
- Ability to synthesize data and communications into relevant actionable and standard processes.
- General consulting skills: team facilitation, business case development, strong business analysis, process mapping, business process redesign and implementation and business and digital strategies.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change management, support.
- Project management skills: experience with large-scale, complex project management (both consulting and client employees) and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail with deliverables.
JOB REQUIREMENT SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, TRAINING
Job Related Experience:
- ERP software selection and implementation required with extensive experience working with software vendors and software integrator.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and work streams.
- Extensive experience in project management and serving as a client trusted adviser.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain.
- Thorough understanding of project budget, scope and schedule management.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills are essential.
- Prefer to have manufacturing & distribution background but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- ERP industry experience required. Expertise in positioning strategy consulting capabilities preferred.
10+ years of professional experience in consulting setting.
10+ years of prior relevant experience at related level, including proven executive communications, demonstrated business acumen and leadership skills.
5+ years of experience directly leading business and digital transformation / re-engineering / ERP initiatives across multiple industries.
Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrable experience in consistently delivering high quality results.
Superior writing and messaging skills. Able to manage internal and external writing resources.
Expertise working alongside senior management; experience in a matrixed organizational structure.
Perform lead oversight role on whole life cycle ERP deployment/development projects.
Able to facilitate meetings and working sessions with client and internal personnel on complex and possibly divisive or controversial subjects and topics.
Lead practice development efforts; e.g., capturing knowledge capital and developing/conducting internal training courses.
- Bachelor’s degree required – Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is a plus
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MIS) is a plus.
- 10+ years prior of relevant consulting experience.
- Software Selection Implementation experience with Tier I or Tier II is a Plus
- Organizational Change management Consulting experience is a plus
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in a professional service/sales environment
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS/REQUIREMENTS (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
- Successful candidate must be Fluent in English
- Additional languages are considered a plus
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 15 pounds
- Extensive travel to meetings and client locations is required
- Travel is an integral part of this job. This is a remote position that works from home and travels to see clients when needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience, based on a performance-based, variable compensation model. Panorama Consulting Group provides health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as generous paid time off and paid company holidays. All our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development.
Employee must perform all the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
Panorama Consulting Group is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable laws. Panorama Consulting Group provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.